Hi everyone! This weekend I'll be participating in the Love-A-Thon hosted by 4 incredible book bloggers: Alexa of Alexa Loves Books, Cee of The Novel Hermit, Hazel of Stay Bookish and Mel of The Daily Prophecy. This Love-A-Thon's purpose is to spread all the love with fellow book bloggers and readers, make new friends, and of course, talk about books!
For my first post, I'll be sharing my answers to the fun questionnaire so you can get to know me a bit better! ;)
1. What’s your name?
My name is Melissa Robles, but widely known as Melissa de Montigny since I married my fictional boyfriend Prince Tristan de Montigny from Stolen Songbird. :D
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
From Mexico! Hola!!
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
Hmmm... I think I discovered the bookish community back in 2010, when I started visiting book publishers' websites and their Facebook pages. I saw them sharing reviews from book bloggers and once I visited a few, I fell in love with the whole idea and I knew I wanted to also by part of this amazing community. I started slowly by joining Goodreads and the book review team at Cuzinlogic.com, then as a guest reviewer on another site, until I finally made up my mind to start my own book blog in January 2014!
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
Oh, the name came to me real fast! When my sister told me she wanted to co-blog, I immediately knew we should call it The Reader and the Chef, I'm the reader, she's the chef. Piece o' cake!
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I believe fantasy and contemporary YA are the genres I read the most. Fantasy because I love the world-building and epicness I go through every time I read them, especially since in this genre is where I can usually find book princes to fall in love with (and I LOVE book princes, they are my obsession!), and contemporary because I love sweet, swoony reads that make me hope for something similar to happen to me later on in my life. LOL
However, if I read a sci-fi book (for example) and I love it, I usually end up binging several more books from that genre because I just need more from that type of world. ;)
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I love to participate on blog tours & talk about special events for my favorite books like read-alongs. From time to time, I also write discussion posts and do bookish lists about.. random stuff. ;)
In my sister's reviews/posts you can usually find a delicious dish/dessert to go with the book she talks about!
I also have a weekly feature where I talk about the books I get, things that are happening on the blog and on twitter, my reviews on Kate Tilton, Connecting Authors & Readers, and what I'll be reading in the week.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
Oh this is hard!Hmm, I think I'll have to go with the amazing opportunity to beta read Warrior Witch by Danielle L. Jensen. If it weren't for my blog, I would have never dared reach out to my favorite author and ask for an interview to share on my blog, which eventually lead to more interaction and the incredible opportunity to Beta.
Oh, and another amazing experience is to have an author say that my reviews/posts make them happy. Just recently, Ami Allen-Vath, author of Liars and Losers Like Us posted on her instagram that my review was one of her favorite reviews. My heart & I burst into tears. It is the best feeling ever. ♥
But seriously, book blogging as a whole and getting to know so many amazing authors & book bloggers/readers is the best experience in the word!
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
I love how we are all in this together. We are passionate, dedicated, a bit crazy, and so in love with books! I have made tons of friends and I love every one of them. My lovely readers, my awesome twitter friends. Love you all! ♥
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
- Warrior Witch by Danielle L. Jensen (can't wait to talk about it with everyone!)
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
- Water's Wrath by Elise Kova
- The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows
- The Rose and the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh
10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- Alienated by Melissa Landers
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
The Good Sister by Jamie Kain was absolutely amazing and it completely destroyed me. It's so darn beautiful and sad and a million other things. There's a certain scene that's always on the back of my mind and I swear I will never forget it. Read this book, you guys. It's so so good.
12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. It's not that we have similar personalities, we don't, but I would love to have such a bright person in my life. She's so awesome. And she comes with Anna, Etiénne, AND Cricket, so more awesome friends!
13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Prince Tristan de Montigny from Stolen Songbird. Always. ♥
14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad?
My love, Tristan. Prince Ash & Puck from The Iron Fey series, Vhalla from Air Awakens, aaaaaand Hermione. Have to have a bit of everything in my squad!
15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I love to sing. I'm not a REALLY good singer, but I do sing quite well. My voice can reach high notes found in Opera songs. I just recently nailed Sarah Brightman's and Andrea Bocelli's Time To Say Goodbye and it felt glorious. I mean, I've always been able to sing it, but not as good as I did recently. The sad thing is, I have stage fright. LOL.
16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
FOOD. I love food. So... food. I hardly buy myself stuff to be honest. But I guess clothes too..
17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
The first song that pops into my mind is Party in the USA from Miley Cyrus. IT'S THE WORDING OF THE Q, I SWEAR LOL. *puts hands up nodding her head like yeah*
Forgetting that one, I think the song that would get me moving like no other would be All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor. Just to do that little number.
18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins should be a movie!!! WHY IS IT NOT A MOVIE YET??? It would be PERFECT.
19. What would your dream library look like?
hehe beast and all ;)
20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
Danielle L. Jensen! One day I'll get to meet her and thank her for writing my favorite books. ♥
Thanks so much for reading! :)