HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!
I hope you all started the year on the right foot (or left if you are a leftie)! 2016 is a brand new chance to reach all those goals we've promised ourselves we would in 2015 but because of one thing or another, we didn't AND to reach all the new ones that just sprouted into our minds. Peeps, WE CAN DO IT. We can succeed in life, get that dream job, learn to dance, get healthy, watch all the movies and SO MUCH MORE. I wish you all the best in this brand new year and I seriously hope you make those dreams come true. ♥
Also, I wish you all to have a happy year of reading! I have pledged to read 120 books this year to make up for not completing 2015's challenge of 115. It's not that I want to boast a huge number, but because I want to read as many books as I can. Reading is my happy place and I want to be there all year. :)
I also want to make this year a year of learning. If you look at the graphic above, you'll notice that I used book covers in the font. That's one thing that I've been meaning to learn for a while now and yesterday, on January 1st of 2016 I DID IT. It's still sloppy, lots to learn, but I tried and I consider it a success. Pretty proud of myself since I have
zero 1% skills in graphic design. Here's another one I made for @StolenSongbird's twitter account:
I'm extremely proud of this pic. :D
My reading and blogging goals of 2016:
- Read 120 books.
- Review at least 80 of those books.
- Reach 80% ratio on Netgalley (currently 74%!!).
- Force The Chef to make more time for the blog *shakes fist at tight schedule*.
- Get approved on Edelweiss.
- Post at least 3 times per week.
- Meet a favorite author/blogger.
- Marry my fictional boyfriend (What? 0:) ).
- Receive my first ARC/finished copy from a publisher.
- Send in my first book review request to a publisher (SO SCARY!!!).
- Fangirl over Danielle L. Jensen all year (she must think I'm creepy by this point LOL).
- Make new blogger friends.
- Visit and comment on more blogs.
- Spread even more the bookish love.
- Turn into a book fairy.
- Become a better blogger.
- EAT LOTS & BE HAPPY (very important).
I think the hardest thing to accomplish will be being approved on Edelweiss *grins*, but its not impossible! 2016, this year you will be my year! You better be everyone else's year too. ;)
What are your goals for this year?