Since December 1st, 25 bloggers have been featuring their favorite book boyfriends and today I get to feature my new love and heart, Prince Aldrik Solaris from Elise Kova's Air Awakens series.
Air Awakens by Elise Kova
(Air Awakens #1)
August 27, 2015 / Silver Wing Press
A library apprentice, a sorcerer prince, and an unbreakable magic bond...
The Solaris Empire is one conquest away from uniting the continent, and the rare elemental magic sleeping in seventeen-year-old library apprentice Vhalla Yarl could shift the tides of war.
Vhalla has always been taught to fear the Tower of Sorcerers, a mysterious magic society, and has been happy in her quiet world of books. But after she unknowingly saves the life of one of the most powerful sorcerers of them all—the Crown Prince Aldrik—she finds herself enticed into his world. Now she must decide her future: Embrace her sorcery and leave the life she’s known, or eradicate her magic and remain as she’s always been. And with powerful forces lurking in the shadows, Vhalla’s indecision could cost her more than she ever imagined.
Reasons Why I Think Prince Aldrik Is One Of The Best Book Boyfriends EVER:
Prince Aldrik is one of the fastest rising favorite book boyfriends of the year and for good reason. This character first appeared this past August and from then on he has been breaking hearts left and right. This is why I want to point out my own reasons as to why I think Aldrik is one amazing, swoon-worthy book boyfriend!
- First of all, he is a PRINCE. The crown prince no less! It's not that his title is what makes him all the more desirable but this prince is the kind that's worth a million crowns. The kind that really cares for his kingdom even if his people don't love him at all.
- He's a firebearer & an agile fighter. This guy can take on a group of 10+ people all on his own using his affinity and great fighting skills. They actually call him the Fire Lord.
- Aldrik is extremely intelligent and full of knowledge. When he's not up front at war fighting, he spends his free time researching about old magic and other ways that might help him end the war or help him understand.
- He's the brooding kind. I have an affinity for bad boys or dark guys that keep to themselves, and Aldrik fits this trope perfectly. He's not a soft person that carries his heart on his hand, but if you look up closely into his beautiful dark eyes, you might catch a glimpse of his beautiful yet tainted soul.
- He is not perfect. He is terribly flawed and has done some horrible deeds for the sake of keeping face and protecting himself, but this person is real and deserves to be loved. Being the crown prince is no easy feat and everybody is looking for his weakness to bring him down.
- He's BEAUTIFUL. In Vhalla's Yarl own words: “Nothing about him was traditionally handsome, and for it all, he was astonishingly striking.” . Yup, beautiful I said! He's tall and lean, with black long-ish hair, black eyes and pale skin. Just how I love my book princes. ♥
- He deeply cares for Vhalla. Putting aside that awkward moment where he almost ends her life to prove something, it's apparent that Aldrik really cares, even loves, Vhalla. It takes some time for him to actually admit his feelings, but YOU KNOW he does. Again, look into his beautiful eyes. He might keep you waiting, but when the time comes, it's all worth it.
And seriously, I could go on and on, but I thought it would be a better idea to ask a few other readers to tell you guys why they think Prince Aldrik is an awesome book boyfried:
"I think Aldrik is awesome because he's unique, mysterious, unnervingly composed, wise and my favorite part is that he is unstable. like FREAKING unexpectable, he keeps me on my toes every time he appears. I LOVE him! heart emoticon (and of course he's sexy, undeniable, and got that devil may care attitude that leaves me fangirling and swooning like a schoolgirl) *Yep, I've got it bad for him.."Emily Ricotta:
"He is SO INTENSE."Megan McCorry:
"He's a very complex character! He's not 100% good or bad, but he admits to his flaws."Meredith Costello:
"He is painfully self aware of his flaws... That in a man? So sexy!"Jasmin Kiryu:
"Initiates tons of sexual innuendos." (LOL)Dani Werner:
"Because he and I would enjoy a battle of the wits."Erin Davis:
"I think it's that he's so confident but at the same time so broken. How he is confident and doubting of himself at the same time shouldn't even be possible."Mia Sopapilla:
"Aldrik makes a sincere effort to be a supportive partner to someone he truly views as an equal. Aldrik is protective, secretive, and cold due to circumstance, but trusting, honest, and warm by choice, and it's his choices that count."
I think these girls pretty much summed up Prince Aldrik perfectly.
All I have left to say is the Aldrik is a one-of-a-kind complex character that deserves all the praise and love. He is highly intimidating and all, but I wouldn't mind having him as my book boyfriend. I LOVE HIM. You should meet him soon! ♥
“I may be a prince,” he said as his lips brushed her ear lightly. “But I would trade it all to be a common man, even if only for tonight.”
And now a giveaway!
Because I want you to have a chance to read more about Prince Aldrik, one lucky reader will win the complete Air Awakens series in kindle books (five in total!).
And you might ask how is this possible when Elise Kova hasn't even released Earth's Ends yet, let alone the fourth and fifth book? Well, it's pretty easy (and no, I won't sneak into Elise's house to steal the books for you as tempting as that sounds!). I'll gift the winner the first two books in kindle format and when the third, fourth and fifth books go out on sale, I'll also buy them for you! Sounds good?
Now don't forget to stop by the other blogs to read about their Book Boyfriends!
(Bishop, The Book of Ivy by: Amy Engel)
(Garrett, The Deal by: Elle Kennedy)
(Park, Eleanor and Park by: Rainbow Rowell)
(Rowan Whitethorn, Throne Of Glass series by: Sarah J. Maas)
(Zeth, Deviant by: Callie Hart)
(Tucker Avery, Unearthly by: Cynthia Hand)
(Aldrik, Air Awakens by: Elisa Kova)
(Maxon Schreave, The Selection series by: Kiera Cass)
(Logan "High" Judd, Walk Through Fire by: Kristen Ashley)
(Ryke Meadows, Addicted series by Krista and Becca Ritchie)
Rogan, Tough Enough by: M. Leighton)
(Dash, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by: David Levithan and Rachel Cohn)
(Levi, Fangirl by: Rainbow Rowell)
(Thorne Carswell, Lunar Chronicles by: Marissa Meyer)
(Mathias, Zodiac by: Romina Russell)
(Eric Northman, Sookie Stackhouse series by: Charlaine Harris)
(Gabe Bowden, At Wolf Ranch by: Jennifer Ryan)
(Kaidan Rowe, The Sweet Trilogy by: Wendy Higgins)
(Tristan Archer, The Archers of Avalon by: Chelsea Fine)
(Tarver, These Broken Stars by: Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner)
(Raffe, Penryn and the End of Days by: Susan Ee)
(Dimitri Belikov, Vampire Academy by: Richelle Mead)
(Curran, Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews)
(West Leavitt, Deeper/Harder by Robin York)