The 2015 Summer Blogger Promo Tour consists on featuring one blogger every Sunday from July 5th to August 31st for the sole purpose of making new friends and to get to know them better through guest posts, interviews & other fun posts!For this week's post, I'll be sharing with you all a book guessing game I played with the amazing Stefani from Caught Read Handed! It was a fun thing to put together and even more fun as I watched Stefani have trouble guessing a few books. >:)
Book Guessing Game with Stefani:
Hi, everyone! My name is Stefani, and I’m the blogger over at Caught Read Handed. Thanks so much for having me, Melissa! I’m really excited to play this guessing game. I’m almost positive I haven’t read several of these, so I hope I don’t make a fool of myself by guessing something crazy. But let’s play!
1. In another land, where kingdoms are divided by nature, lives a girl who has sworn to protect the most important person to her people. But never enough and feeling out of place, she will fight and risk her life to save them all.
My guess: Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch – eeep. This is making me so nervous.
2. It's a dark society, oppressed by a group trained to keep order and brutal death is expected to those who don't abide the rules. A boy. A girl. Each fighting to be free. But fate is a sneaky thing and it'll make their worlds collide.
My guess: Probably going to hate myself when you reveal this one, but I’ve got no idea here.
It's An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir! :D
3. A hunter, the best of her kind. Until she's accused to wield the so-called power she hunts. Betrayed and left behind, she waits in the dark for the end to come. But a prophecy depicts she's destined to help those she swore to finish off. Unexpected friendship, magic & love, could there possibly be a second chance for someone like her?
My guess: Hmmmm. It sounds like it could be The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury.
1. "But no matter what, I want you to be loved. You deserve to be loved. And I hope you get to marry for love and not a number."
My guess: The Selection by Kiera Cass – one of the ones I have read, but my teen volunteers at the library have told me about it. I think this quote is from that book.
2. "One true heir, lost in the heat of the One-Night War. A queen risen again. The kind of triumphant return that shines in the history books."
My guess: The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows. I actually DNFed this one, but I got far enough into it to know about the One-Night War.
Right answer! But shame, I loved this book. :'(
3. "I was the fallen prince. Twice a traitor, having betrayed both my father and my cause in a single moment, ensuring that I would remain an outcast for whatever remained of my life. All for a human girl who I loved above all things, and all, it seemed, for nothing."
My guess: I have absolutely no idea on this one.
Ha! This is a quote from Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen! Tristan. <3
1. Scar. Always. Magic.
My guess: Harry Potter, baby!
2. Paris. Kissing. Movies.
My guess: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins! Love this one!
3. Capitol. Bread. Bows.
My guess: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins!
4. Demon. Gargoyle. Snake.
My guess: Possibly White Hot Kiss by Jennifer Armentrout? I know there are demons and gargoyles in that, but I don’t know about a snake.
You got them all right, wohoo!
These were HARD! I had to tweet Melissa to give me hints!
1. Alienated by Melissa Landers
2. I had absolutely no idea on this one (I can’t believe I didn’t guess it), so I enlisted the help of my Twitter friends, and Annette aka @Booknerderie guessed it correctly – This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. This is my favorite Jen book, so I can’t believe I missed it!
3. The Iron Knight (I think. I know it’s one of those Iron Fey books) by Julie Kagawa
4. Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally
5. Well, I had to take to Twitter again for this one and #6. @whoa_itsashley realized this one was The Wanderers by Kate Ormand, which I hadn’t heard of, so thank you, Ashley!
6. I KNEW this one looked familiar but I couldn’t figure out which one it was. Thankfully, @RunYouCleverBoy recognized it as Winter by Marissa Meyer. I feel kind of dumb for not guessing this one!
7. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
8. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff
9. Girl on a Wire by Gwenda Bond
10. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
11. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
12. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
So 15/18!!! You did a mighty fine job here, Stefani. You do know your books AND you have friends who do know them too. I had a blast playing with you and I loved the part when you asked for help on twitter, LOL.
Hi! My name is Stefani, and I’m a mismatched socks, overflowing bookshelves, pot of coffee a day, Sonic Screwdriver, paint all over my fingers, rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock kind of girl with alopecia. I have a master’s degree in Publishing Studies from the University of Stirling in Scotland. I am a Youth Services Specialist at a library in Mississippi.I also work remotely as a publicity assistant for a publisher and write reviews of books, comics, and TV shows for WatchPlayRead. When I’m not doing one of those things, I can be found with my nose in a book. If it wasn’t clear enough already: I love books. :) My hope for this blog is to spread my passion for reading with as many people as possible, to connect with those people over the books we’ve read, and to have fun.
To follow the rest of the Summer Blogger Tour and check other posts by Stefani and other awesome bloggers, you can do so by searching the twitter hashtag #SBPT15. Thanks so much for stopping by!