Author: Louise Rennison
Series: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publisher: Harper Collins
Page count: 336
Source: Bought from Amazon
Buy from: Amazon . Barnes&Noble . The Book Depository
There are six things very wrong with my life:
1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.
2. It is on my nose
3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.
4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.
5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.
6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.In this wildly funny journal of a year in the life of Georgia Nicolson, British author Louise Rennison has perfectly captured the soaring joys and bottomless angst of being a teenager. In the spirit of Bridget Jones's Diary, this fresh, irreverent, and simply hilarious book will leave you laughing out loud. As Georgia would say, it's "Fabbity fab fab!"
*The Reader's Review*
My rating: 5/5 stars!
I discovered Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging a few years ago thanks to the movie released by Nickelodeon Studios (Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging). At the time I didn't know it was based on a book. And yes, it took me that long to actually purchase it (a couple of weeks ago). I was very excited to start right away, the reviews are awesome and almost everyone points out to the same thing: prepare to die from laughter.
So naturally, I waited for a blue day so this book could cheer me up. That day came so soon, so I thought why not? I opened the ebook and I sat on my school's staircase to read. The effect this book had on me was instant. I was smiling and laughing all the time! Georgia's diary entries about her "love life", her cat Angus and everything else were hilarious and so ridiculous that it totally made me forget about everything else.
Because really, it's crazy thing after crazy thing. Georgia goes to extremes to snatch Robbie the sex god not caring if she was making a fool of herself or not. All my money was on her to get Robbie but I do admit she's not exactly the best person in the whole wide world. She does have mean teen thoughts and says harsh things about her supposed bad life, but I couldn't bring myself to hate her or anything because so many things she does come back and bites her hard on the nose, I think it was more than enough payback (or something). Still, the nerve of that girl! I really don't know how she came up with half of those ideas. Credit also goes to Jas and the rest of her silly friends.
Now I have to talk about my favorite part of the book, the funniest part in my opinion. It's when Georgia is strolling her little sister in the park and they stumble with Robbie. Everything was going so well until her cute sister said something concerning about Georgia and poo (as in poop). Seriously, I had to put the book down 'cause I was shaking with laughter and I was so embarrassed for Georgia. I even caused some stares from strangers. Thanks a lot Georgia.
So this book is that type of book that will make you feel several emotions at once. You will feel for the characters and turn red along with them. Actually, you will end up with a British accent in your head and won't question expressions like fabbity fab fab or nungas nungas. Whatever the last one means.
To wrap it all up, I think you should read this book and enjoy every funny part of it. Then, head over to watch the movie and laugh some more. Or read the other 9 books of the series, your choice.
P.S. The author confessed she did half the things Georgia did, so I believe she is quite brilliant and a little bit mad too. There's the answer to why this book is very bright.
Now really, the end.